Wednesday, December 2, 2009

Gracelyns First Self Hair Cut!

Well it was bound to eventually happen... I just did not think this soon.  Gracelyn has had VERY SLOW hair growth.  After 3 1/2 years it is barely long enough to put in a small ponytail on the top of her head.  She has been wanting to have her hair done and more into her hair.  Well.... On Wednesday December 2nd I was cooking lunch and thinking about getting the girls baths afterward.  I had worked the night before but had kept thinking Gracelyn had looked different.  Well.. It finally hit me.  She had CUT her hair.   When I had noticed Grace looked a little panic stricken and began crying.  I asked to show me the sissors and after some coaxing she pulled them out of her purse.  I then asked where she did it and we learned that it was done in the computer room.  The funny thing is that earlier that morning Abbe had gotten into the staples out of the computer desk.  When I was picking them up I kept getting small chunks of hair.  I just had thought to myself that,"man I was sure shedding."
So then after finding the evidence and learning where it took place I asked Grace when she did it.  (I had to know if it was on "my shift" or on "daddy's shift".)  Well she told me that she had done it "last night".  I asked her where daddy was and she stated, "Changing Abbe's butt." 
At first I was upset with her but then as I thought about it ...  it is funny.  I just laugh when I think about it.  Grace can never know that I find it funny until she is way older. It's just hair.  It will grow back.  Who knows when since her hair is so slow at growing. I just hope she doesn't get any wild ideas to cut Abbe's hair.  Her hair is actually growing at a more rapid pace.

The evidence!



















The Damage!


















Trying to cover it up!



















She doesn't seem to upset about it!

1 comment:

Jeana said...

Yeah she doesn't seem too upset at all :) Crazy kids! Family Pics look awesome by the way :)